This list is mostly for my own self reference, so I can come back and remind myself and hold myself accountable. I find I do...
At Leakycon we don’t say “I love you” we say “WE’RE WIZARDS WE’LL PARTY FOREVER TURN AROUND BRIGHT EYES HARRY I’M COMING HOME I...
And John Green quote on laptop
Let’s write together
12. Seeing The Warlock’s Hairy Heart and the Potter Puppet Pals. Everything Lena does musically never fails to stun me, and I’ve loved Potter Puppet Pals since I was in eighth grade.
11. The Charity Ball for Ester Earl. Last year, I spent the whole ball fighting with a stupid ex, so I’m really excited to actually attend this time and dance like crazy with my friends.
10. Meeting the Starkids again. I can’t wait to have them sign something and hear what they have to say to us at their event. Also, I can brag to EVERYONE about meeting Darren Criss twice. (I have to make sure I watch Starship before I go, though, because I still haven’t seen it, because I’m a loser.)
9. Learning more about Pottermore. I’ve kind of been really worried about how good the site is going to be and whether it will replace the Potter encyclopedia, so I’m hoping this event will clear up some of my worries. It’s two hours long, so we’re bound to get loads of information.
8. Meeting John Green, hearing Hank Green and attending the nerdfighter gathering! The last nerdfighter gathering I went to was three years ago, so I’m so ready to go again. Meeting nerdfighters is never not amazing.
7. Buying a new wand and getting tons of merch. Since my wand broke this winter, I’ve been itching to get to Olivander’s to get a new one. Also at the top of my list: Lauren Fairweather’s new album The Prince’s Tale and a This Star Won’t Go Out bracelet.
6. Meeting Evanna Lynch. Ever since Evanna was cast, I’ve thought she is such a cool person, and I love how involved she is in the fandom. I really look up to her, and meeting her, having a picture with her and having her sign something of mine will be totally awesome.
5. Meeting up with many of my online friends and spending pretty much the whole con with them. I won’t bore you with the details, because they know who they are, but we’re going to have so much fun and so many adventures.
4. All of the amazing wizard rock! I can’t wait to see Harry and the Potters, Draco and the Malfoys, Tonks and the Aurors and Ministry of Magic for the first time and see a ton of my favorite bands, like The Moaning Myrtles, The Whomping Willows and The Remus Lupins again! Also, I’m so glad there’s a huge concert after the music release to save me from bawling my bloody eyes out.
3. Getting back to Hogwarts during Open at the Close. I can’t wait to have Butterbeer again and go on the amazing rides and be in Honeydukes. Also, Open at the Close=practically no lines. :)
2. Absolutely everything Lit Day. I think I’m going to take most of the publishing track, even though I want to go to pretty much everything on the list. I’ve wanted to be a writer for as long as I can remember, so seeing this many authors and publishers and hearing them talk for basically an entire day is going to be so informative and helpful. Also, I can’t wait to meet some of my favorite authors, like Maureen Johnson, David Levithan, Scott Westerfeld, Libba Bray and Stephanie Perkins.
1. Seeing Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II with a theater full of die-hard Potter fans six hours before everyone else. I can’t think of a better way to see off the last new part of my first and most important fandom. :’)
Six more days until Leakycon! If you’re going, feel free to send me a message or something; it’d be great to meet some awesome people while I’m there. <3